Thousands of proud South Africans will party their socks off and have the time of their lives at the country’s newest – and most unique – music festival. BOKJOL has just launched as the ultimate Heritage Weekend festival jol and promises to be three crazy days of lekker local music, beer, braai and bacuzzi’s!
You’re invited to celebrate Heritage Day weekend from 23-25 September at ‘n egte fees with friends and family at the Magalies Retreat, just a 45-minute drive from Jo’burg and Pretoria.
BOKJOL. FOR LOCAL AND LEKKER.
BOKJOL will be no “dop en tjop” affair. We’re bringing out the big guns, mos, to create a BE-BOK celebration of all the things that make us South African: our music, our food, our culture, our language and our heritage.
BOKJOL will host a mix of proudly South African artists. The line-up already includes over 30 artists, bands and DJ’s who will play across three stages ranging from rock, dance and electronic music (and a few in between).
So far we’re amped to confirm:
Francois Van Coke
Springbok Nude Girls
Bok van Blerk
Die Heuwels Fantasties
Desmond and the Tutus
Dr Victor and the Rasta Rebels
With many many more still to be announced.
BOKJOL. FOR BRAAI’S, BOOZE AND BACUZZI’S.
Everything BOKJOL will be everything local. Apart from the awesome line-up and non-stop music, BOKJOLLERS can look forward to an array of local festival activities:
- Bars and craft food stalls around the festival grounds serving both conventional and traditional foods (koeksistersanyone?)
- Dedicated braai areas with braai packs on sale
- A massive Bakuzzi park (bring your bakkies, ouens!)
- Camping and caravan areas, along with other accommodation options (see below);
- Nighttime bonfires for you to kuier rond;
- Plenty of safe and secure parking.
What’s more, award-winning comedian Schalk Bezuidenhout will MC BOKJOL, ensuring that all the BOKJOLLERS are always kept entertained.
BOOK TICKETS AND ACCOMMODATION NOW!
BOKLJOL accommodation includes your weekend pass and packages start from only 649 bucks (for three days!).
Accommodation options include (prices are per person for two nights):
- Camping for tents/caravans/camper vans and bakkies: R649
- Camping area for tents only: R649
- Private camp site: R699
- Backpackers: R749
- Tented camp: R998
- Apartments: R1 199
- Chalets & Cottages: R1 399
To book your tickets and accommodation packages and get more BOKJOL info, visit:
Join the conversation online with #BOKJOL2016 – you may just win something.